1. PROJECT MANAGER OF EVENT TECHNOLOGY
VDA, a leading event design agency that creates innovative and dynamic experiences for corporate meetings, tradeshows, permanent installations, and themed events, is looking for an inventive and proactive Project Manager of Event Technology, with great knowledge of current video projection and LED display trends.
The right candidate will be a hands-on leader, continually researching the latest in event technology, and developing fresh tech solutions. With experience balancing multiple projects at a time, they will work closely across the sales, project management, production, and design teams to creatively solve problems and innovate new ways to achieve success for our clients.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Consulting with internal sales team to explore, analyze, and define AV equipment and technical solutions for a wide variety of events and installations, ensuring the selected equipment meets client needs and budget, while maintaining profitability
- Liaising with internal creative team to bring the ideas on paper to life, providing innovative solutions, and using cutting-edge event technology to make design dreams an AV reality
- Keeping up to date with emerging equipment and AV trends to identify new technological innovations with the aim of expanding company capabilities and improving client experiences
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key partners and vendors
- Effectively collecting and disseminating information required for proper development and execution of event technology systems, conducting research where necessary to select and implement to optimal client tech solution
- Being a presence on site at live events, trade shows, meetings, and installations; managing client expectations and helping to execute groundbreaking, transformative events and brand marketing experiences
- Understanding of today’s video and projection technology for live events
- Experience providing innovative technology solutions for corporate events (5+ year experience ideal)
- Willingness to travel locally and nationally
- Understanding of Mac and PC operating systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Basic experience in VectorWorks CAD drafting or similar program
This candidate must be:
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong communicator with ability to interact with multiple departments.
- Able to work under tight deadlines in a creative and entrepreneurial environment with the ability to perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Self-starter who is well organized, efficient and attentive to detail.
- Team player, self-motivated and able to juggle multiple priorities.
- Fun, unique personality a plus
Please contact: Marcel Nyffenegger at email@example.com
2. ELECTRICIANS/ CARPENTERS/ GENERAL HANDS
We are always looking to hire new and talented technicians in the areas of lighting and scenic installation. If you are a motivated individual in the Greater Boston area and working as a freelance technician you NEED to be on our call list!
Please contact: Ross Troiano – firstname.lastname@example.org