VDA Inc., an award-winning experiential event design agency, based in Somerville, MA is seeking a production estimator! The Production Estimator (PE) is responsible for pricing all services and custom fabrications that VDA delivers by calculating in-house costs, sourcing materials, and obtaining estimates from outside vendors. This role requires close collaboration with internal design, sales, and project management teams to discuss and formulate estimates. The PE is responsible for securing cost-effective solutions for all VDA projects to ensure client deliverables, budgets, and expectations are met. The PE reports directly to the Director of Production.
- Prepare production estimates based on briefings from sales team, creative team, and project manager.
- Obtain “x” number of competitive quotes on external purchases from vetted, quality vendors
- Issue purchase orders for all outside buys for client projects and records
- Research specialty items and custom builds from external vendors
- 2+ years of experience in live event production, carpentry background, or another related industry
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the appropriate tools to construct objects and structures as well as perform excavations
- Must have strong knowledge reading CAD drawings and understanding technical specifications
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of all company tools and heavy equipment and how they can be best utilized.
- Must have training in construction safety and knowledge of OSHA standards.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office including Work, Excel, and project management software.
- Proficient experience using VectorWorks AUTOCAD, or similar.
- Ability to create shop drawings a plus
Please send resumes to:
Harrison Rabel, Director of Production: email@example.com